Experience something Unique
Blacksmithing is a traditional craft that teaches students how to work with metal, and create beautiful & functional objects. It’s also a great way for them to learn about metallurgy, physics and design.
In addition to developing practical skills, blacksmithing can also help students develop important life skills, such as:
Problem-solving, Creativity, Perseverance, Attention to detail, Communication, and of course, Teamwork.
So let’s ‘forge on’ as they say! Register your interest in a blacksmithing class today, at Artisan Estate.
Blacksmithing Experience (6Hrs)
(Minimum class numbers 4 | Maximum class numbers 8)
$180 per student,
Families with more than one child attending receive a $20 discount for each additional child (call to book only)
6 hours total split over 3 weeks @ 2 hours per class
- Suitable for ages 12+ with parent supervisor (2 per group)
- Students will learn about the different parts of a Blacksmith Shop, including tools & types of forges.
- Learn about the Science, History and Craft of Blacksmithing.
- Hands on learning, all students create an item to take home each week.
- Students will learn blacksmith techniques & hammer control.
- All worksheets and PPE provided.
Somersby, Central Coast NSW.
Only 1hr drive from Sydney.
Register your interest
The Booking Process.
- Fill out the below form
- We will contact you to discuss the details and schedule a start date.
- A private booking link will be created to share with your group.
Yes! you can use your creative kids voucher for this course
Would you offer a discount if more than one child per family attended
We give a $20 discount for each additional family member. Parents would need to call to book this though. (currently not possible via the site)
What would you allow regarding younger siblings (younger than 12) who may be coming along with their parents – Are they able to stay outside the workshop on the property with supervision?
Our farm is not suited for younger children, with open waterways and 4 (friendly) dogs, as such we don’t allow any children under 12 on the property as my workshop area both inside and out is not suited to younger exploring minds. Insurance for blacksmithing also has a 12y/o cutoff.
Can all parents/care givers attend?
Due to limited size within the workshop, And the need for safe practice, we limit the amount of parents/care givers, to a maximum of 2 per group of 8 children. A supervisory role of a minimum of 1 parent per 4 children is needed.